Sisters of St. Joseph - Mother House Improvements - Emergency Access Loop Road
Client: Sisters of St. Joseph | Location: Watertown, NY | Completion Date: 2017 | Services Provided: Civil/Site Engineering
Aubertine and Currier (A&C) provided Professional Civil/Site Engineering services for the Sisters of St. Joseph (SOSJ) property located in Watertown, NY. The services encompassed the design of the Emergency Access Loop Road around the existing building, including preparation of a SPDES Stormwater General Permit and associated preparation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan. The scope of services included:
- Preparation of three (3) Conceptual Options and their cost estimates for the Emergency Access Road.
- Review of City of Watertown Zoning Law and Site Plan requirements, and Jefferson County Soils Mapping.
- Gathering and reviewing City of Watertown Street, Sanitary, Water, and Drainage plans and records, and completion of a site visit for examination of existing underground utilities adjacent to the site.
·Preliminary Site Plan Preparation
- Met and coordinated with SOSJ for determination of selected option.
- Created Preliminary Site Development plan and prepared submittal to the City Application department, and met with City Planning and Engineering Departments for review of the Preliminary Site Development Plans prior to formal Site Plan submission.
·Final Site Plan Preparation
- Prepared final Site Development Plan utilizing the existing topographic and planimetric survey data, and recommendations by SOSJ. Plans consisted of an Existing Conditions Plan, Site Plan, Grading and Drainage Plan, Site Demolition Details, and Site, Grading, and Drainage Details.
- Prepared Photometric Plan depicting the site lighting light levels throughout the site.
- Prepared 2D color rendering of the Site Development Plan for presentation at the Planning Board meeting, submission of Final Site Plan to City Planning Board, and prepared Technical Specifications.
Bidding Services included providing Front End Bid Documents for bidding advertisement for construction and PDF set of Contract Documents, assisting SOSJ with advertising the project for bidding, managing the bidding process (e.g. responded to Bidders questions, issued addendums), collecting contract bids, and assisting SOSJ with contractor selection.