Camp Zerbe Lodge Stabilization
Client: Oswego County | Location: Williamstown, New York | Completion Date: 2014-2015 | Services Provided: Architectural, Civil & Structural Engineering
Oswego County Youth Bureau/Parks and Recreation operates Camp Zerbe. Camp Zerbe is a 540 nature park located in the Town of Williamstown in the northeastern section of Oswego Couny. It is a drop-in nature park where residents and visitors enjoy the interpretive center, kettle hole lakes, trails, fields, playground, meeting room, and pavilion. Camp Zerbe is also used by groups on a reservation basis who can use its facilities to plan for special outdoor and nature programming. There is a 10,000 sf historic lodge on the property that had not been used for several years, had severe structural deterioration, and contained environmental contamination. Oswego County had obtained funding from the Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) grant administered by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (OPRHP).
Aubertine and Currier was contract by Oswego County to provide Architectural, Structural Engineering and Electrical Engineering services to complete previously approved OPRHP structural stabilization of the building. Stabilization repairs and renovations to the building included:
- ·Demolition and reconstruction of cracked and partially collapsed basement foundation walls
- ·Reconstruction of concrete basement floor slab
- ·Expand and construct footings to support additional structural piers and building framing
- ·Install steel moment framing to enhance support of timber frame structure
- ·Replace stairs and railings
- ·Repoint stone fire place chimneys
- ·Replace roofing, and copper flashing
- ·Add support gussets to timber frame trusses
- ·Replace fire places with propane inserts
- ·Complete asbestos abatement of the kitchen, mechanical room, walk in cooler, and roofing
- ·Install electrical service entrance, and circuits within the building
- ·Asbestos and Lead paint investigations.
- ·Investigate drainage issues contributing to basement floor heaving.
- ·Preparation of contract documents and specifications for construction bidding.
- ·Specifications for removal of animal excrement.
- ·Project management and supervision during Construction renovations.
- ·Construction management, coordination and correspondence with Contractor, subcontractors and County.